Most of our volunteer positions are during our regular operating hours, Tuesday through Thursday from 10-3 & Fridays from 9-12. We do occasionally have weekend service opportunities special events or activities. Please review the descriptions of Volunteer roles to see what works best for you. All non community service volunteers are required to complete a Volunteer Application as well as sign several documents including a liability waiver & confidentiality agreement.
- Regular Weekly Individual Volunteer (Must Complete Volunteer Application): These volunteers play a critical role in distributing food to clients and are asked to arrive 30 minutes prior to our scheduled opening time each shift. We also ask that these volunteers be willing to commit to at least one full shift per month.
- Front Desk – As a front desk volunteer, you are the first face a client sees when walking through our doors. This position requires a strong yet compassionate individual who can follow policy and procedures while simultaneously treating everyone in a kind and empathetic manner. During your shift, you will be responsible for interacting with the client directly, using an excel database and completing minor administrative tasks.
- Produce – If you enjoy a fast paced environment, produce may be the job for you. With a large amount of produce coming in 6 days a week, you are responsible for gleaning out what is acceptable for human consumption and what needs to go to our animal farmers. You are sure to feel a sense of pride as you assemble beautiful boxes of produce to go to families in need that may have otherwise gone to the landfill.
- Food Distribution – As a Food Distribution Volunteer, you are responsible for gathering all the components of a Monthly Food Order and getting it ready to go out the door to families struggling with food insecurity.
- Flexible Shift Individual Volunteer (Must Complete Volunteer Application): If you would like to serve but cannot commit to a full shift, we have many options for you as a Flexible Shift Volunteer. You may sign up for any length of time during our regular operating hours that works best for your schedule. During your shift, you may be asked to do special projects or tasks like breaking down bulk product, stocking shelves, sorting food, assembling boxes of dry goods for household distribution, etc.
- One-time (or occasional) Group of Volunteers (ie youth groups, clubs, etc.): If you are interested in coming in as a group for a one time (or occasional) service project, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with as many specifics about your group as possible. We can host groups after hours and any day of the week, given enough notice.
- Court-Ordered Community Service Volunteers (DO NOT Complete Volunteer Application): We appreciate your interest in doing your community services hours with us! Please note that you must call ahead and get on the schedule, drop-ins will not be guaranteed a position. You must also bring your required paperwork in order to begin working on a scheduled shift. If you do not bring your paperwork, you will not be allowed to work!
- Colorado Workforce (SNAP/Food Stamp) Volunteers (DO NOT Complete Volunteer Application): Thank you for your willingness to complete your required monthly hours with us! You must call ahead and get on the schedule as drop-ins will not be guaranteed a position. You must also bring your required paperwork in order to begin working on a scheduled shift. If you do not bring your paperwork, you will not be allowed to work!